Seeing a therapist isn’t just a way to feel better — it can improve your life and relationships in so many ways. Licensed marriage and family therapist Kiaundra Jackson, LMFT, shared this TikTok video on the five benefits you can experience from going to therapy (if you put in the work!).
- You’ll have improved communication skills
- You’ll be able to process any trauma (or drama) in your life
- You’ll learn how to set and stick to boundaries
- You’ll develop positive coping skills to manage life when things get a little stressful
- You’ll feel empowered to tackle life on your own terms
If you’ve been thinking about going to therapy so you can reap all these benefits, take this as your sign to do it! Finding the right therapist can feel overwhelming, but Jackson said, it is so worth it. Here are some tips on how to find a therapist, and Jackson shared this TikTok video on how to find a therapist of color.